Hibiscus is a shrubby plant that grows in tropical and subtropical regions such as Sudan, Thailand, Mexico, China and Egypt. The height of the hibiscus plant is about two meters, and the part that is used is the sepals that surround the flower and its color is dark red.The hibiscus has numerous health benefits for the body in general, as well as for the common problem of high blood pressure.
- It strengthens the heartbeat and helps to balance the blood circulation in the body, as it increases the speed of blood circulation in the body.
- It fights cancerous diseases.
- It relieves gout and rheumatic diseases.
- It treats the problems of colds as well as the problems of high temperatures and coughing, and the reason for this is due to its richness in vitamin C.
- Calms the problems of uterine and stomach contractions.
- It is used in the manufacture of many cosmetics, such as lipstick to give it a crimson red color. It is also used in the manufacture of shampoos and shower soaps.
- fixes hair color and gives it an attractive look.
- It treats cholera.
- It helps you lose weight.
- It is considered a good antidepressant.
- maintains a good level of cholesterol in the blood.
- Contributes to the treatment of skin ulcers.
Hibiscus and blood pressure
Research has proven the ability of hibiscus to reduce blood pressure significantly, as a study was conducted on a group of high blood pressure patients, and they were divided into two groups. By 84%, the blood pressure of people who drank the hibiscus solution decreased by 79%, which is very close. Hibiscus lowers high pressure, whether hot or cold, contrary to the popular belief that drinking hot hibiscus raises blood pressure.
How to make Hibiscus drink
For people with high blood pressure, they can make the following recipes:
- Add half a tablespoon of hibiscus leaves to a cup of boiling water, leave the mixture for about ten minutes, and then sweeten it as desired, either with sugar or honey.
- Add a tablespoon of fresh or dry olive leaves with a tablespoon of hibiscus leaves to a cup of boiling water, leave the mixture for about ten minutes, and then sweeten it with honey or sugar as desired.