Soy milk is one of the types of milk that is used as a substitute for regular milk, especially for those who suffer from an allergy to regular milk, and is characterized by its high nutritional value as it is rich in many important nutritional elements and compounds such as vitamins, proteins, minerals, amino acids, calcium, iron, and others, and thus it is very useful for human health. Soy milk is lactose-free, easy to digest, and the only dairy product that does not contain cholesterol, and is characterized by its polyunsaturated fatty acids.
Why is soy milk the perfect choice?
Soy milk has many health benefits , such as
- Soy milk contributes to improving the level of fats in the blood, as it is characterized by being free of cholesterol or saturated fats, as it is rich in unsaturated fatty acids that play a major role in maintaining the level of cholesterol in the blood, and it also contributes to increasing the proportion of good cholesterol in the body, so it protects against various heart diseases, including atherosclerosis, cardiac arrest, weakness of the heart muscle, and others.
- Soy milk is a good alternative for those who suffer from lactose intolerance because it does not contain the lactose found in cow’s milk, which leads to diarrhea, gas formation, and bloating as a result of drinking cow’s milk or its products.
- Soy milk is considered low in calories when used without any additives.
- It plays a major role in losing weight as it is considered low in calories when used without any additives. It also contains a small percentage of sugar compared to natural milk.
- It contributes to the prevention of many bone diseases, such as osteoporosis, as a result of containing a high percentage of estrogen, and it is recommended to take it with a source of vitamin D.
- Due to its high calcium content, it contributes to building healthy bones and teeth for children.
- Drinking it in moderate quantities contributes to reducing the possibility of various cancers, including breast, bone, skin, pancreatic, and others.
How to use Soy milk
It is used as a substitute for milk by people who cannot tolerate or avoid dairy products. In addition, it is possible to use soy milk in several ways, as follows: use it instead of cow’s milk, or it can be added to coffee, oats, breakfast cereals, and tea, smoothies, in addition to using it in baked goods.