The benefits of drinking Saga Tea .The origins of the sage tea herb go back to the Mediterranean region, where it belongs to the family of basil, lavender, and rosemary. The sage plant has greenish-gray leaves, and it has more than 900 species. Sage contains many antioxidant and anti-inflammatory compounds, so it has been used since antiquity for many medicinal uses, such as digestive disorders and some mental disorders.
Sage can be used in its fresh form by adding it to various dishes, It adds a distinctive aroma to it. it also can be used as nutritional supplements or used to prepare cosmetics and soap.
The benefits of drinking Saga Tea
Sage leaves can be used to prepare tea, and sage leaves tea has many health benefits for the body, including the following:
- Sage tea activates the mind, strengthens and develops memory and prevents Alzheimer’s disease
- Sage tea helps reduce the risk of various infections. The reason behind this is not yet known, but it is believed that sage contains a group of plant compounds with anti-inflammatory properties.
- A mixture of sage, rosemary and red tea helps stimulate hair growth and treats the problem of white hair.
- Sage tea contributes to reducing cholesterol levels; Where it was found that it can reduce levels of harmful cholesterol, and improve total cholesterol when using this tea for four weeks.
- saga tea Helps improve mood and relieve anxiety.
- Treating gum and tongue problems, as it cleans the mouth and cleanses the gums by gargling and drinking it
- Helps treat cold and flu cases and expels phlegm stuck in the respiratory tract.
How to make sage tea
To get the benefits of drinking sage tea, here is the classic sage tea method:
- Four cups of water
- 45 sheets of sage leaves.
- Two tablespoons of sugar (optional).
- 1 and a half teaspoons lemon peel
- Three tablespoons of lemon juice.
Method of preparation
- Boil the water, then add all the ingredients and stir well. Turn off the heat after the mixture comes to a boil, and leave it for about 20 minutes. then get rid of sage leaves and lemon peels and drink it hot or cold sage tea as you want .
Sage tea side effects
Consuming sage tea is safe for health, but it may pose a risk if taken in supplement form and in large quantities. The dangers of excessive consumption of sage are due to the fact that it contains a compound known as thujone, which may be toxic if its levels are high in the body.
Also read : Top 7 Health benefits of dry coriander