What Can Green Beans Do for the Body? Green beans, also known as snap beans or string beans, belong to the legume family. Beans are one of the climbing annual plants, and they have many colors. The most common are green, yellow, and purple, and they grow in the form of climbing shrubs or vines and are available in the form of edible pods. It is worth noting that green beans are perishable, so it is best to cool them immediately after harvesting. Green beans are a meal rich in vitamins and minerals.
The Benefits of Green Beans
Green beans have many important benefits, which include the following:
- Helps fight cancer, as green beans contain a high percentage of chlorophyll, which may prevent the effect of some carcinogens, such as those that form in meat that is grilled at high temperatures.
- It contributes to the treatment of depression as it contains folic acid, which helps fight depression and regulate sleep, mood, and appetite.
- Green beans provide the body with good levels of vitamin K, which improves bone structure and strengthens them.
- One of the benefits of green beans is that they promote heart health and reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke.
- Increase fertility and pregnancy strength, and green beans are a good source of folic acid, which both the mother and her fetus require during pregnancy.
Cautions and dangers of eating green beans
The benefits of green beans do not mean that there is no harm from them. Eating large amounts of them may harm some people.
The following are the most serious side effects of eating a lot of green beans:
- Green beans are a good source of vitamin K, which plays an important role in increasing blood clotting, so people who take blood-thinning medications should be careful of it.
- It causes distress to the digestive system and some problems with digestion if it is eaten raw, so it is always preferable to eat it cooked.
- It may limit the absorption of some types of minerals and vitamins because they contain a type of acid that causes this damage, so it is preferable not to overeat beans.
Also read :The benefits of drinking Saga Tea