Chickpeas are one of the most popular types of appetizers on the Arab table, as they are included in several dishes, such as: soups, stews, rice and vegetables, Mutabbaq and many more. Hummus is not only delicious in taste, but also versatile, and there are many health benefits of it. We will present it as follows:
What happens to your body when you eat chickpeas?
It is a source of many useful nutrients, as it is a rich source of fiber, carbohydrates, proteins, vitamin B group, some minerals, and others
- Thanks to the high content of dietary fiber, chickpeas can help you maintain the health of your digestive system, because dietary fiber helps loosen stools and facilitates its passage.
- It have many properties that may help control blood sugar levels. It has a low glycemic index, which is a measure of foods’ ability to raise blood sugar.
- The iron, calcium, and other nutrients in chickpeas can contribute to bone structure and strength, and chickpeas can play a role in preventing osteoporosis.
- it contain several ingredients including fiber, potassium, B vitamins, iron, magnesium and selenium that may help support heart health.
- it are a rich source of fiber and protein, which may promote weight loss and help you maintain a healthy body weight.
- it rich in vegetable protein, which makes them an excellent choice for people who follow a vegan diet. Consuming enough protein is essential for optimal growth and recovery.
Disadvantages of eating chickpeas
Eating chickpeas can cause some unwanted side effects for many people, and we mention the following:
- Allergies: People with a soy allergy may also suffer from an allergic reaction when eating other legumes such as peanuts, beans, lentils.
- Some types of fiber may worsen symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome, so anyone with this condition should seek advice from a doctor.
- Do not eat raw chickpeas or other raw legumes, as they contain toxins and substances that are difficult to digest.
Also read : ?Ginkgo Biloba: Is it good for you