natural memory stimulants. Many factors have been found to have a role in memory impairment, some of which can be controlled and others that are difficult to change, such as aging and genetic factors.
A sedentary lifestyle and eating foods rich in harmful fats and refined sugar are factors that may increase the risk of memory impairment. But fortunately, it is subject to change by following some tips that rely on activating memory naturally.
Here are some examples of natural memory stimulants:
Natural memory stimulants
Foods to Boost Your Brain and Memory
The brain consumes about 20% of the calories entering the body, so the food we eat plays an important role in building brain health.
Among the foods that are important for brain activity are the following:
- Blueberries are a natural memory booster because they contain antioxidants that protect against inflammation and improve communication between brain cells. It may play a role in preventing Alzheimer’s disease in the long term.
- Dark Chocolate: Dark chocolate contributes to improving blood flow to the brain and preventing inflammation due to the fact that it contains flavonoids, which are powerful antioxidants.
- Coffee: Coffee helps focus and process information because it contains antioxidants, and it may contribute to the prevention of brain diseases in the long run, such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and stroke.
- Quinoa: Quinoa is rich in complex carbohydrates, which are a source of energy for the brain, and contains iron that contributes to the transport of oxygen, and the B vitamins in it may help build memory.
- Nuts and seeds: They are one of the foods rich in protein and fatty acids, as proteins contain amino acids that contribute to the manufacture of important neurotransmitters for the brain, such as walnuts, almonds, and sunflower seeds.
- Whole grains: They contain complex carbohydrates, omega-3, and B vitamins that improve mood and provide the brain with energy.
- Avocado: Avocados are among the natural memory stimulants. They are fatty fruits rich in omega fatty acids necessary for the growth of brain cells and contain vitamin E, which may contribute to the prevention of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Tomatoes contain lycopene, an antioxidant that helps prevent infections and stimulates the growth of brain cells.
A Supplement to Boost Your Brain and Memory
Natural memory stimulants also include nutritional supplements, but it is not recommended to use them without consulting a doctor, as they may interfere with some medications, or may not be suitable for some disease conditions, examples of which are the following:
- Ginkgo biloba : Some believe that ginkgo biloba supplements may enhance memory, but strong scientific evidence of its effectiveness is still needed.
- Ginseng: This herb enhances memory and energy level in the body, but there is no strong evidence of its effectiveness, and it may lead to high blood pressure, and people with a history of psychosis or bipolar disorder should avoid taking it.
- Vitamin E: Vitamin E is an antioxidant that protects cell tissue from damage and is generally beneficial for health.
General tips to stimulate memory
Natural memory stimulants are not limited to food alone; a healthy lifestyle plays a role as well, and among the general tips to stimulate memory are the following:
- Physical activity increases blood flow to the brain, which contributes to strengthening memory, so it is recommended to do aerobic exercises, such as brisk walking, or vigorous exercises, such as jogging throughout the week.
- Mental exercises and activities help stimulate the brain and preserve memory, such as solving puzzles and learning new skills.
- Sleep helps consolidate memories to bring them in the future, so an adequate amount of sleep must be taken daily, and it is generally recommended to sleep 7 to 9 hours a day for adults.
- Organizing: chaos distracts from memory and forgetfulness. It is important to organize tasks and appointments; this helps you remember them.
- Social contact helps prevent depression and stress, which contribute to poor memory. Try to build relationships with friends and relatives you love.
Also read : !Here are the benefits of tamarind and its juice