Mulberry leaves and their benefits for your health. Mulberry leaves have been used in the past to treat many health problems that may affect the body, such as low blood sugar, so what are those benefits? How can mulberry leaves be used?
Mulberry leaves have long been used in China, Korea, and Japan in traditional Chinese medicine, especially in herbal tea, due to the health benefits found in their leaves. Mulberry leaves contain the natural compound deoxy nojirimycin (DNJ), which is responsible for its anti-diabetic effects.
Mulberry leaf also contains strong antioxidant properties, which have been found to be effective in lowering cholesterol and triglyceride levels harmful to the body and reducing inflammation.
Mulberry leaves and their benefits for your health
Mulberry leaves contain many minerals and antioxidants that make them a good choice for improving the health of the body in various aspects, including:
- Contains Vitamin B2
The presence of vitamin B2 helps in the production of red blood cells, reproduction, growth, energy production, increased thyroid activity, and the maintenance of a healthy nervous and digestive system.
- Mulberry leaves contain magnesium
Magnesium is very necessary for the functioning of the muscles and nerves in the body. It increases energy metabolism, strengthens bones, strengthens the immune system, and maintains normal blood pressure in the body.
- Mulberry leaves contain anti-inflammatory
Mulberry leaf has traditionally been used to treat inflammation caused by chronic diseases. It inhibits inflammatory factors in the body. Mulberry leaf tea can be used to help relieve pain by reducing inflammation in the body.
- Reduces bad cholesterol levels in the body
It was found that mulberry leaf powder has a role in lowering harmful cholesterol and triglyceride levels in many different health conditions
- Contains minerals and antioxidants
Mulberry leaves contain iron, zinc, calcium and antioxidants such as ascorbic acid and beta-carotene.
- Helps lose weight
Mulberry leaf can also be used to help reduce excess weight by: Washing a group of raspberry leaves and placing them in a cup, and then soaking them in boiling water for an hour, cooling the water after an hour, and drinking once daily.
The side effects of Mulberry leaves
Despite the great benefits of mulberry leaf , there are some side effects that you should be wary of, such as:
- It is not good for people with low blood pressure as it reduces blood pressure.
- It may cause skin irritation and allergy symptoms such as shortness of breath and swelling.
- It may interact with some medications, especially those that lower blood sugar levels, as it may cause an excessive drop in blood sugar levels.
- It may not be suitable for people with kidney problems because it contains high levels of potassium, so it is best to avoid eating it.
- Eating mulberry leaves should be avoided during pregnancy or breastfeeding, and people who have surgery within two weeks should also avoid it.
Also read :Benefits of Senna makki you should know