The Benefits of drinking rose water .Rose water, which originated in Iran, is distinguished by its fragrant scent and was once popularly used as a light natural scent instead of chemical-filled perfumes. Water has also been used for thousands of years in beauty products, food, and beverages. In addition to this, it also contains many potential health benefits. It is worth noting that rose water is made by distilling rose petals with steam.
The Benefits of drinking rose water
Rose water has long been used in medicine in Iran and other parts of the Middle East. Here are some of the benefits this water provides:
- Rose water contains antioxidants that protect skin cells from damage. It also contains anti-inflammatory properties, which means that it may be applied to the skin to calm the inflammation that results from infection in some cases, such as eczema and Rosacea.
- Because of its sedative and anti-inflammatory effects, rose water can be taken to treat a sore throat. In addition, a study showed that consuming this water may relax the throat muscles.
- Rose water can help wounds heal faster by keeping them clean. This is because it has antiseptic and antibacterial properties. Among the types of wounds that rose water can be used to treat are burns, wounds, and scars.
- Inhaling the vapours of rose water helps to get rid of stress, and thus can contribute to the treatment of headaches and migraines. It is also used in aromatherapy, and it can also be applied to a piece of cloth and placed on the forehead.
- Inhaling rose water vapours has traditionally been used as a way to improve people’s moods and can also be taken orally. Research has shown that rose water has antidepressant and anxiety properties, and rose water mist has some powerful relaxing effects on the body.
- It was found that rose water has positive effects on the digestive system as it increases the production of bile, which contributes to the treatment of common symptoms such as bloating, upset stomach.
Side effects of drinking rose water
Despite the benefits of drinking rose water previously mentioned, it may lead to some potential harm for some people, the most prominent of which are the following:
- Increased heart rate: This damage is not confirmed by studies to this day, but it is among the possible damages, and often occurs if large amounts of rose water are drunk.
- Allergic reaction: Some people may develop an allergic reaction that results in many changes in the body, such as rashes, high body temperature, and itching.
How to prepare rose water for drinking
To obtain the benefits of drinking rose water, it must be prepared at home in the right way, which was represented by the following steps:
- You pick some rose petals early in the morning, no specific type of petal required.
- Wash the petals well with water.
- The petals are placed in a large saucepan of distilled water and submerged in water.
- Cover the pot and boil on a low heat.
- Leave the pot to boil until the water turns the color of a rose petal.
- The resulting rose water is filtered, left to cool, and then served to drink. A little honey can be added to it and some lemon drops to make it taste palatable.
Also read :What are the benefits of basil seeds