The health benefits of madder are impressive and varied .First the madder herb is a Japanese herb that grows on the shores of rivers and oceans, and it has a different smell, but it has a salty taste, and it resembles the leaves of the mallow.
The herb is used in the treatment of many diseases. Many ancient Egyptians and Bedouins used them because they contain natural colors that work on dyeing leather and fabrics, and they are used by cutting those papers and placing them in the sun to dry, then rubbing them like mint leaves and others, where the results are completely different from the color of the herb.
Top 10 impressive health benefits of madder :
Some chemicals in madder, such as alizarin, may help reduce the protein that viruses need to develop, and there are many other benefits that result from the use of this herb, including
- It can act as an anti-inflammatory as it helps prevent the development of arthritis, redness, and swelling, which is the first step in treating joint diseases.
- It can raise the number of white blood cells as it was found that madder root raises the number of white blood cells, thus increasing the body’s immune ability to fight diseases.
- It has been shown that the madder herb may contribute to the treatment of diarrhea, thus maintaining fluids in the body.
- contribute to the reduction of bladder stones because it contains rubythric acid, which helps reduce calcium and magnesium, thus preventing the formation of bladder stones.
- It relieves skin problems such as rashes, irritation, acne, and boils when applied directly to the affected area.
- It helps stop internal bleeding and nosebleeds. It has been used for this for centuries.
- It helps treat varicose veins. It works well to make them smaller and less irritating.
- Contributes to the treatment of wounds: In India, madder root is famous for treating chronic skin wounds and drying them until they heal, and the powder can be used directly on wounds to relieve them.
- Wounds heal in a short time, and they are used as an alternative to an antiseptic for burns, which gives the place of the burn a cosmetic shape, and there is no trace of that wound.
- It kills bacteria in the teeth and gums and works to purify them.
Dosage of madder:
A lot of madder herb should not be consumed in a day because it has some risks and may cause harm to some cells in the body, which may cause cancer. Pregnant women should not drink madder herb because it distorts fetuses and falls occur.