What are the health benefits of tarragon? Tarragon (Artemisia dracunculus) is an herbal plant widely used as a spice in French cuisine for its distinctive taste and various health benefits.
Let us learn about the many benefits of tarragon and other important information about it in the following:
What are the health benefits of tarragon?
Tarragon has many health benefits. Here is a list of the most important ones:
- Treating nausea after surgery
Tarragon may help prevent nausea that the patient may feel after waking up from surgical anesthesia. One study found that massaging the patient’s neck with a mixture of essential oils consisting of ginger oil, cardamom oil, and tarragon oil had a positive effect on relieving nausea.
- Improved sleep quality
Tarragon helps improve sleep quality and reduce daily insomnia. But it is worth noting that its effectiveness in this area has not yet been scientifically proven and is still under research and study.
- Lowering blood sugar levels
One of the benefits of tarragon is that its extract may help lower blood sugar levels, especially in people with insulin sensitivity. Eating tarragon before meals can help regulate blood sugar and keep it within normal levels.
- Opening the appetite
Many things may cause a lack of appetite, but the persistence of this type of problem and the body’s not getting enough nutrients daily may have serious consequences for health, such as malnutrition and a poor quality of life.
It has been shown that one of the benefits of tarragon when consuming its extract in a diet rich in healthy fats may be helping open appetite and increase weight.
- Pain relief
Tarragon is one of the common folk recipes to relieve various pains, especially toothaches and pain associated with osteoarthritis, but this type of potential tarragon benefit is still under research and study.
- Another benefit of tarragon oil
In addition to the benefits of tarragon, tarragon essential oil may have several potential benefits, such as:
- It improves blood circulation.
- Preventing the accumulation of toxins in certain parts of the body, especially in the joints.
- regulating the menstrual cycle.
- It also aids digestion.
- Improve body odor and get rid of unpleasant odors.
Warnings and harms of tarragon:
After knowing the benefits of tarragon, we mention that it may have many harms, especially when used in the wrong way or in high doses. Here are some caveats that you should be aware of before you start using it:
- Tarragon and its oil should be completely avoided by pregnant women, nursing mothers, and children.
- Tarragon and its oil should be avoided by people who are allergic to plants and flowers of the same plant family called Asteraceae, such as chrysanthemums and marigolds.
- Tarragon slows down blood clotting, so it is better to avoid it completely for people with hemorrhagic diseases and those who are about to undergo surgery.
Also read : The best 10 Foods that you need during pregnancy