St. Joh’s wort is one of the most popular herbs for the feet, owing to its many and significant medicinal benefits. The herb St. Joh’s wort exists in the form of food supplements as well as herbal oil. It is characterized by its ability to influence and significantly affect body hormones.
10 Fascinating Health Benefits from St. John’s Wort
St. Joh’s wort has many important benefits for your body and your health, and this is the most prominent:
- Depression treatment
St. John’s wort is one of the most commonly prescribed medications for treating and preventing depression, which is one of the most popular alternatives among processed medications.This is because St. John’s wort has special vehicles that delay the absorption of some neurological vectors, such as serotonin and dopamine.
- Infection treatment
One of the benefits of St. John’s wort is that it has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, so it can be used topically in order to alleviate the symptoms of dermatitis, such as treating eczema and symptoms associated with light wounds. It can also be used to treat haemorrhoids naturally.
- Re-balance hormones
The herb St. John’s wort contains effective vehicles with a strong and remarkable impact on body hormones, helping to organize and restore any missing balance.
St. Joh’s wort is particularly true for thyroid patients, helping to minimise the symptoms of thyroid problems and improve thyroid functions and the ability to produce hormones at normal levels.
- Reducing withdrawal symptoms in addicts
St. John’s wort can greatly help relieve the symptoms that accompany the withdrawal of some harmful chemicals from the body, such as alcohol, cigarette nicotine, or all kinds of drugs. Therefore, St. John’s wort may be one of the most important substances in the addiction treatment journey.
- Improve your mood and get rid of insomnia.
The benefits of the St. Joh’s wort plant for mental health are not limited to improving the condition of the depressed patient, as the compounds responsible for the prevention of depression in this herb also help to significantly improve the mood and prevent severe mood swings.
This herb also helps to reset the body clock, helps it sleep after a long struggle with insomnia, and prevents feelings of fatigue, exhaustion, and tension.
- Cancer prevention
Research in the field of cancer has begun to show promising results related to the benefits of the St. Joh’s wort plant in the prevention of cancer, as research has shown that the St. Joh’s wort has a positive effect related to stopping or preventing leukaemia in particular.
- Other benefits
St. Joh’s wort herb also has many other important benefits, which are as follows:
- Preventing infectious, but this calls for taking very high doses of St. John’s wort that may have unpleasant side effects.
- Accelerate wound healing and burn healing when a paste made of St. John’s wort is applied topically.
Cautions about consuming the herb St. Joh’s wort
Despite the many and amazing benefits of the herb St. Joh’s wort, you should be aware of some caveats and risks related to it, and these are the most important of them:
- Avoid the use of St. Joh’s wort by people with the following mental conditions: bipolar disease and schizophrenia.
- This herb may provoke an allergic reaction in some, and symptoms may appear in the form of a rash, breathing problems, and swelling of the tongue, mouth, or throat.
- Adults should avoid taking St. Joh’s wort for more than 12 weeks, and it should be taken in small, measured doses.
- Some side effects may be associated with the use of St. Joh’s wort, such as sleep problems, rash, headaches, dizziness, tiredness, diarrhoea, dry mouth, and stomach upsets.
- St. Joh’s wort’s herb tends to interact negatively with many well-known medications, so you should consult your doctor if you want to use St. Joh’s wort with medications for the following conditions: asthma, cough, AIDS, high blood pressure, cholesterol, and migraine.
- Depression treatment
Also read :The benefits of lotus seeds for health