Rose water, which originated in Iran, is distinguished by its fragrant scent and was once popularly used as a light natural scent instead of chemical-filled perfumes. Rose water has also been used for thousands of years in beauty products, food, and beverages. In addition to this, it also contains many potential health benefits. It is worth noting that rose water is made by distilling rose petals with steam. Here are some the benefits of drinking rose water
The Benefits of drinking rose water
rose water has long been used in medicine in Iran and other parts of the Middle East. Here are some of the benefits this water provides:
- Rose water contains antioxidants that protect skin cells from damage. It also contains anti-inflammatory properties, which means that it may be applied to the skin to calm the inflammation that results from infection in some cases, such as eczema and Rosacea.
- Because of its sedative and anti-inflammatory effects, rose water can be taken to treat a sore throat. In addition, a study showed that consuming this water may relax the throat muscles.
- Rose water can help wounds heal faster by keeping them clean. This is because it has antiseptic and antibacterial properties. Among the types of wounds that rose water can be used to treat are burns, wounds, and scars.
- Inhaling the vapours of rose water helps to get rid of stress, and thus can contribute to the treatment of headaches and migraines. It is also used in aromatherapy, and it can also be applied to a piece of cloth and placed on the forehead.
- Inhaling rose water vapours has traditionally been used as a way to improve people’s moods and can also be taken orally. Research has shown that rose water has antidepressant and anxiety properties, and rose water mist has some powerful relaxing effects on the body.
- It was found that rose water has positive effects on the digestive system as it increases the production of bile, which contributes to the treatment of common symptoms such as bloating, upset stomach.
Side effects of drinking rose water
Despite the benefits of drinking rose water previously mentioned, it may lead to some potential harm for some people, the most prominent of which are the following:
- Increased heart rate: This damage is not confirmed by studies to this day, but it is among the possible damages, and often occurs if large amounts of rose water are drunk.
- Allergic reaction: Some people may develop an allergic reaction that results in many changes in the body, such as rashes, high body temperature, and itching.
How to prepare rose water for drinking
To obtain the benefits of drinking rose water, it must be prepared at home in the right way, which was represented by the following steps:
- You pick some rose petals early in the morning, no specific type of petal required.
- Wash the petals well with water.
- The petals are placed in a large saucepan of distilled water and submerged in water.
- Cover the pot and boil on a low heat.
- Leave the pot to boil until the water turns the color of a rose petal.
- The resulting rose water is filtered, left to cool, and then served to drink. A little honey can be added to it and some lemon drops to make it taste palatable.
Read also: powerful benefits of sidr leaves
How much rose water to drink daily?
Allow a few rose petals to soak in a glass of water for six hours in the sun. This produces a pleasant rose water that is suitable for drinking. Drink one glass every day for the best results, which may be seen in only one week.
Can rose water help you lose weight?
Studies have shown that rose water contains compounds that help improve metabolism, which helps lose weight, not increase it.
Benefits of rose water to lose weight:
- It helps get rid of fat that accumulates in different areas of the body.
- The body gets rid of the fluids trapped in it by enhancing the process of diuresis.
- Drinking rose water helps to feel full, especially in the periods between meals. This means that it speeds up the process of losing excess weight.
- Rose water improves metabolism, which helps to reduce weight.
How to make rose water with dried roses?
- Pour one and a half cups of water over one-fourth cup of dried roses in a pan.
- Cover the pan with a lid and bring the water to a boil.
- When the water begins to boil, reduce the heat and let it simmer to absorb the color and perfume of the rose petals.
- Check that the color on the petals has faded
- This should just take around five minutes. Allow the water to cool fully.
- Remove the rose petals using a strainer and keep the water in a jar.
- After it has totally cooled, place it in the refrigerator for approximately a week before using it.
What is rose water tea good for?
Rose tea is a hot drink made from dried or fresh rose petals and buds and is one of the best herbal teas that you can safely add to your diet if you want to lose weight. The benefits of rose tea are not only limited to burning fat, but also include health and beauty benefits, including:
Rose tea is anti-inflammatory
Studies have proven that the rose flower contains anti-inflammatory properties due to the fact that it contains antioxidants. Some research has also indicated a relationship between inflammation and weight gain. In this case, drinking rose tea may help you lose weight easily.
Rose tea is a healthy alternative to coffee and tea
Research indicates that you can take rose tea as a healthy alternative to the caffeine found in coffee or traditional tea, which may cause weight gain from excessive intake. Hence, rose tea reduces the feeling of hunger and promotes weight loss without stress while following a diet.
Rose tea promotes the growth of good bacteria in the stomach
Drinking rose tea regularly helps in the growth of good bacteria in the digestive system, and it is also used as a healthy herbal remedy in cases of constipation and diarrhea.
Rose tea flushes toxins out of the body
Rose tea helps flush out toxins from the body and thus get rid of excess fat. It also prevents urinary tract infections.
Rose tea boosts the immune system
Drinking rose tea during your daily routine may help you fight diseases and strengthen your immune system thanks to its vitamin C content.
Reducing anxiety and pain
Drinking rose tea can help relieve stress and anxiety. Tea contains anti-inflammatory substances that have analgesic properties. Rose also improves mood and sleep by inhibiting the action of certain receptors. Rose also relieves depression, sadness, stress and pain.
Read Also: What are the benefits of basil seeds