Lemon peel is included in many recipes and natural mixtures for the treatment of many health problems thanks to its unique composition, which makes us stop completely getting rid of it immediately after using lemon fruits. One of the ways to use lemon peel is to make boiled Lemon Peel water.
Benefits of boiled Lemon Peel water
- It is considered one of the most powerful recipes to help burn fat and grease accumulated in different areas of the body by squeezing an appropriate amount of lemon juice, then boiling clean lemon peels with water for at least half an hour, filtering the water that results from this process, and mixing it with lemon juice. Well, be sure to eat one cup of this mixture at least a quarter of an hour before eating the main meals, and it is recommended to divide these meals into four meals while reducing the amount of food consumed.
It helps reduce harmful cholesterol in the blood, stimulates good cholesterol, facilitates the delivery of oxygen to the blood, and protects against many serious diseases, such as cardiovascular diseases, thanks to its high content of polyphenol flavonoids.
It strengthens the health of bones, joints, and teeth thanks to its high content of calcium.
It also helps to strengthen the immune system and protects against many diseases caused by various infections thanks to its anti-inflammatory vitamin C.
It protects against oxidation or oxidative stress as it contains a high percentage of active flavonoid acid as well as a high percentage of the acidic euflavonoids compound, which helps rid the body of toxins accumulated in it.
It contains salvestrol Q40 and limonene antioxidants, which fight free radicals and cancer cells.
Read also: powerful benefits of sidr leaves
Boiled lemon peel water for weight loss
Many people resort to drinking boiled lemon water for its role in losing weight. Although there is no proof that lemon water is any more helpful than plain water in aiding weight loss, it is still a very low-calorie drink.
Lemon contains pectin, which is a form of dietary fiber that helps lower hunger and calorie consumption. It can also help with hydration, which can help with weight loss and water retention.
People who prefer fruit juices and soda drinks to plain water may find that replacing these beverages with lemon water can help them lose weight faster.
How long to boil lemon water?
To make boiled lemon peel water:
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil.
- Add a fresh, cleaned lemon cut into quarters to the water.
- Then boil for approximately 3 minutes.
- Let it cool before serving.
Does boiling lemons destroy vitamin C?
Vitamin C in solution degrades over time, so it should not be placed in hot water or cooked for a long time to maintain the percentage of vitamin C inside, as vitamin C is not instantly destroyed.
What happens when you drink lemon water for 7 days?
A week of drinking lemon water can cleanse your system of toxins and other dangerous germs, and it also has a molecular structure comparable to your stomach’s digestive fluids. Lemon water tricks your liver into producing bile, which aids in the movement of food through your digestive tract.
Warm lemon water in the morning has been shown to help kick-start your digestive system. That implies that any meal consumed after the lemony drink will be digested more easily and the nutrients will be absorbed more effectively.
Read also: reasons to start your day with Lemon Water