Caffeine is a double-edged weapon with many benefits but also many drawbacks. Caffeine is a chemical that may be found in coffee, tea, cola, guarana, mate, and a variety of other foods. It works by activating the brain and central nervous system, allowing you to stay alert and prevent drowsiness from setting in. Caffeine provides many health benefits, and there are many studies that prove its effectiveness.
Caffeine consumption is safe for most adults when used in moderate quantities, but caution should be exercised when using it by some groups who suffer from some health disorders such as epilepsy and high blood pressure, so it is worth looking at the warnings of caffeine use and the recommended daily doses in these cases.
Caffeine is a double-edged weapon..Benefits and side effects of Caffeine
- Improving the condition of people with migraines. One study published in The Journal of Headache and Pain in 2017 indicated that the use of caffeine-containing medications with other headache relief medications such as paracetamol, that caffeine was safe and effective in controlling migraine pain.
- contributing to enhancing physical performance. A review published in the British Journal of Sports Medicine in 2019 showed that caffeine consumption may contribute to improving athletic performance by increasing muscle endurance and strength.
- One older study showed that caffeine slightly improves airway function for up to 4 hours in people with asthma.
- The possibility of alleviating depression caffeine consumption may help relieve symptoms of depression. A 2015 systematic review published in The Australian and New Zealand journal of psychiatry showed that the risk of depression decreases with caffeinated coffee, but that further studies are warranted. Check it out.
- Help relieve pain. Caffeine may have a role in relieving pain, as one study published in the journal Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine in 2016 showed that caffeine may contribute to relieving pain through its effect on adenosine receptors, which have a role in the process of pain sensation.
- assisting in weight lossIt is noteworthy that drinking coffee may be linked to weight loss, as one study published in the journal (Nutrients) in 2019 showed that drinking coffee had little effect on weight, especially in men, due to the caffeine it contains, and some other compounds such as Chlorogenic acid, Trigonellin and Magnesium
- Contribute to the enhancement of memory A study published in the journal Frontiers in Psychology in 2016 showed that coffee had a positive effect on students’ memory when they drank it in the early morning, and the effect was notable for students when they took exams in the early morning.
- Help raise low blood pressure. Consumption of caffeinated drinks increases blood pressure in elderly people who suffer from a drop in blood pressure after eating
Side effects of Caffeine
Caffeine is LIKELY SAFE for most adults when used in moderate amounts. The equivalent of 4 cups of coffee per day, which contains approximately 400 milligrams of caffeine, but it is worth noting that drinking caffeine for a long period of time or in an amount greater than 400 milligrams per day may be unsafe.Hera are some side effects of Caffeine :
- Tension and nervousness.
- stomach irritation.
- Nausea and vomiting.
- increased heart rate.
- Increased respiratory rate.
- High doses of caffeine may cause headache and chest pain as well as ringing in the ears, so it is worth noting the need to avoid consuming products that contain high concentrations of caffeine.
Benefits of black coffee without sugar
Here are some of the benefits of black coffee without sugar:
Studies have revealed that those who consume black coffee on a daily basis for an extended period of time have been shown to be less prone to cognitive decline and memory problems than those who do not drink black coffee on a daily basis.
Coffee contributes to enhancing the metabolism process by stimulating the oxidation of fats in our bodies, thus facilitating the process of burning fat greatly.
Maintaining a healthy heart:
A coffee drink without sugar helps stimulate and maintain the heartbeat, thus keeping blood circulation under control.
An increased metabolism also plays a role in increasing energy by promoting fat-burning processes, as caffeine helps stimulate the body and improve energy.
Reducing the risk of diabetes:
The effect of coffee is also shown in changes in insulin levels, which play a direct role in the blood sugar level. By balancing the doses of insulin in the body, the amount of blood sugar stored and used as energy becomes more controllable.
- Providing the body with multiple vitamins, such as: (B2, B3, B5), in addition to manganese, magnesium, and potassium.
Also read: Sidr leaves benefits
Black coffee with lemon side effects
Coffee with lemon causes several damages, especially with excessive consumption, so here are some damages to coffee with lemon:
- Lemon coffee contributes to headaches as well as insomnia, as some people get used to drinking it early in the morning and on an empty stomach.
- Studies have also proven that coffee is a major cause of irregular heartbeat and thus high blood pressure, especially since caffeine increases the secretions of the hormone adrenaline in the body, which increases blood pressure.
- Excessive consumption of coffee with lemon increases deposits on the kidneys, in addition to stomach ulcers.
Benefits of quitting caffeine timeline
Here are 10 advantages to lowering your caffeine intake:
- less Anxiety
- Abstain from caffeine for better sleep
- absorb nutrients more efficiently
- Healthier and whiter teeth
- Balancing hormone levels in women
- lower blood pressure
- More healthy digestion
- you may age better
- fewer headaches
- balanced brain chemistry
How long does it take to feel better after giving up caffeine?
If your body is dependent on caffeine, you may experience withdrawal symptoms within 12 to 24 hours.
How long these symptoms last depends on how much caffeine you drink, but can range from two to nine days, with symptoms peaking between 21 and 50 hours.
Will quitting caffeine help lose weight?
You can lose weight. Drinking a little coffee can save you calories, and research shows that daily consumption of caffeine in coffee, tea, or soft drinks increased participants’ daily sugar levels by nearly 10%, increasing the risk of cardiovascular disease and obesity.